Marin Chapter California Civil Grand Jurors Assn.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes #1
July 16, 2015
- Nadine called the meeting to order at 1:03 p.m.
- All in attendance introduced themselves.
- An attendance sheet was circulated and will be filed.
- It was moved, seconded and approved to accept the Minutes of June 17, 2015 as read.
- General Business:
- Treasurer’s report: Peter distributed and reviewed (1) the Statement of Financial Activities and (2) the Proposed Budget Worksheet FY 2015-2016. He proposed that 2/3 of the June 30, 2015 cash balance be put into a reserve account. Electronic copies of the worksheet will be sent to officers and committee chairs for their input, which will then be re-compiled and submitted for final approval. Nadine reported that we will no longer receive $570 from County Counsel as in the past. She said that with costs increasing, we should attempt to recover some from the County as we aid them with recruiting. It was moved, seconded and approved to contemplate a proposal as “If the County wants more recruitment, they (County Counsel) should pay for it.”
- Membership report/update: Owen presented a profile as of July 10, 2015. It was discussed whether former/non members be deleted from email distribution lists. The discussion will be continued at next month’s meeting.
- Nadine reviewed Pages 10 and 12 of the By-Laws Article 8. Currently, Board members and Committee chairs have the ability to vote. Nadine requested that everyone review the By-Laws.
- Nadine offered the MCCGJA Leadership and Committees chart for review. The chart will be updated and presented for approval at the next meeting.
- It was agreed that future Board meetings be held monthly with all association members welcome to attend. Betty suggested broadcasting all may attend. Further discussion included general meetings taking place quarterly –OR- Board meetings monthly with every third meeting to be a Board/membership meeting –OR- monthly meetings for all. First Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. was suggested. Nadine will verify day, time and location and report back. (NOTE: Nadine subsequently reported that Board meetings will be on first Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon in Civic Center Room 410B.)
- Nadine will appoint a review committee for the purpose of updating the By-Laws, if deemed necessary.
- Rich reported he is very optimistic with the IRC and GJ Continuity collaboration.
- Social events (how frequently) were briefly discussed. Nancy suggested a possible reunion (with family included). The 5th anniversary is August 22.
- While discussing interaction with CGJA and Regional Meetings, Mike stated that chapter members are not automatically CGJA members.
- Betty suggested it would be beneficial for LWV to address us well before elections in order to consider their recommendations before submitting mail-in ballots
- Of 58 counties in California, “We’re the best!”
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 2:36 p.m.
Next meeting: August 04, 2015